Duron Paints & Wallcoverings: Glossary of Terms
Glossary of Terms
Choose the first letter of the the term you're interested
| A | B | C |
D | E | F | G | H | I | J
| K | L | M | N | O | P | Q
| R | S | T | U | V | W | X
| Y | Z |
- A -
- Acrylic Latex:
- Single-component, finish as required.
- Acrylic Sealer:
- Clear or Pigmented.
- Alkyd (Semi-gloss):
- Semi-gloss alkyd (oil-based).
- Aklyd Enamel:
- Optimum quality, gloss, semi-gloss or eggshell finish as required, medium long oil.
- Alkyd Wood Primer:
- Alkyd (oil-based).
- B -
- Bituminous Paint:
- Single-component, coal-tar pitch based.
- Block Filler:
- Primer-sealer designed for concrete masonry units (CMU), acrylic latex emulsion.
- C -
- Coal-Tar Epoxy:
- Amine, polyamide, or phenolic epoxy type, 70% volume solids minimum, suitable for immersion service.
[ Top of Page ]
- E -
- Elastomeric Polyurethane:
- 100% solids, plural component, spray applied, high build, elastomeric polyurethane coating, suitable for immersion surface.
- Epoxy Filler/Surfacer:
- 100% solids epoxy trowel grade filler and surfacer, non-shrinking, suitable for application to concrete and masonry. Approved for potable water contact and conforming to NSF 61, where required.
- Epoxy, High Solids:
- Polyamide or polyamine epoxy, 70% volume solids, minimum, suitable for immersion service.
- Epoxy Nonskid (Aggregated):
- Epoxy with aggregate; aggregate may be packaged separately.
- Epoxy Primer - Ferrous Metal:
- Anti-corrosive, converted epoxy primer containing rust-inhibitive pigments.
- Epoxy Primer - Other:
- Epoxy primer, high-build, as recommended by coating manufacturer for specific galvanized metal, copper, or non-ferrous metal alloy to be coated.
- F -
- Fusion Bonded Coating:
- 100% solids, thermosetting, fusion bonded, dry powder epoxy or polyurethane resin, suitable for the intended surface.
- H -
- High Build Epoxy:
- Polyamine epoxy, minimum 69% volume solids, capability of 4 to 8 MDFT per coat.
[ Top of Page ]
- I -
- Inorganic Zinc Primer:
- Solvent or water based, having 85% metallic zinc content in the dry film; follow manufacturer's recommendation for topcoating.
- L -
- Latex Primer Sealer:
- Waterborne vinyl acrylic primer/sealer for interior gypsum board and plaster. Capable of providing uniform seal and suitable for use for specified finish coats.
- N -
- NSF Epoxy:
- Polyamide epoxy, approved for potable water contact and conforming to NSF 61.
- P -
- Polyurethane Enamel:
- Two-component, aliphatic or acrylic based polyurethane; high gloss finish.
- R -
- Rust-Inhibitive Primer:
- Single-package steel primers with anti-corrosive pigment loading.
- S -
- Sanding Sealer:
- Co-polymer oil, clear, dull to low luster.
- Silicone/Silicone Acrylic:
- Elevated temperature silicone or silicone/acrylic based, usually solventborne.
- Stain, Concrete:
- Acrylic, water repellant, penetrating stain.
- Stain, Wood:
- Satin luster, linseed oil, solid or transparent as required.
[ Top of Page ]
- V -
- Non-pigmented vehicle based on a variety of resins (alkyd, phenolic, urethane) in gloss, semi-gloss, or satin finishes, as required.
- W -
- Water Base Epoxy:
- Two-component, polyamide epoxy emulsion, finish as required.