Duron Paints & Wallcoverings: Green Solutions
Green Business Solutions
At Duron Paints & Wallcoverings, a business-unit of Sherwin-Williams, we've pioneered the use of environmentally-preferable solutions in our business practices:
- We're developing coatings that use sustainable raw materials, like soy oil.
- We've initiated new techniques, such as washwater management techniques and cleaning solvent recovery methods, in our manufacturing process that produce less waste.
- We've streamlined our distribution processes that conserve natural resources and use fuel, energy and raw materials as efficiently as possible.
- We're promoting awareness of proper surface preparation and application processes to help lengthen the life span of coatings, thereby reducing the frequency of repaint-related emissions and waste.
- We're helping our customers select the right products for their unique projects.
- We've formulated many of our coatings to clean easily and to resist mildew, harmful bacteria and other microbes to improve indoor and outdoor environments.
Meeting the Toughest VOC Regulations
We've found innovative ways to make coatings that are compliant with even the most stringent VOC limits. A wide selection of our products already meet new guidelines for industrial and architectural applications, and we offer a variety of products that meet GS-11 standards and qualify for LEED-certified projects. Learn more.